Wurzburg, Germany – Smartphones and social media are nowadays revolutionizing people’s communication behavior and their everyday lives. With the smartphone, for the first time GPS receivers are finding their way into people’s pockets and are changing the way they orient themselves, how they plan and go about their outdoor activities for the weekend or for longer vacation tours, and how they ultimately share these experiences with friends. Among smartphone users, the classic city or hiking map in 2D is thus usually left at home in favor of a more favorable app.
All posts tagged Maps
Silver Spring, Maryland – Leaping Bytes has announced the release and immediate availability of MapPocket LITE, a free version of their popular map application MapPocket that can help you to save a lot on roaming charges while traveling. It allows you to put online maps in your pocket, so you can use them later without an Internet connection.
MapPocket LITE features:
* You record your own maps – no additional purchases necessary
* Access all your favorite maps offline
* Maps from 4 major providers (Google, Mapquest, Bing and OpenStreetMap)
* Use GPS online and offline to track your current location/distance/average speed
* Universal application: specifically designed to work equally well on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch