Boston, Massachusetts – CheongShim International Education Research Institute today is pleased to introduce AP Calculus 1.0 for iOS, their new Education app that enables users to efficiently prepare for both the Calculus AB and BC exams. Featuring vector graphics for sharp display on all iDevices, the app provides a systematic review of AP Calculus using brief definitions and axioms, color graphs, and succinct summaries. In addition to the Study Section, an Information Section covers Famous Math Majors and the Best Mathematics Universities.
Whether the Advanced Placement exam is a week, a month, or a year away, all students will benefit from AP Calculus. The logical ordering of basic concepts provides a foundation on which students can base their personal comprehension and mastery of Calculus, the study of change. Most Topics are covered in a single page, and none require the user to scroll up more than one screen. A bookmark function provides soon-to-be college freshmen with quick, random access to any Topic.
The Study Section includes two parts: Calculus AB and Calculus BC. The first includes six Chapters: 1) Functions, Graphs, and Limits; 2) Derivatives; 3) Applications of Derivatives; 4) Integrals; 5) Applications of Integrals; and 6) Differential Equations. The second Study Section, Calculus BC, includes eight Chapters: 7) Functions, Graphs, and Limits; 8) Derivatives; 9) Applications of Derivatives; 10) Integrals; 11) Applications of Integrals; 12) Differential Equations; 13) Polar Curves; and 14) Infinite Sequences and Series.
Each Chapter contains three to eight Sub-Chapters, and each contains a number of Topic pages containing formulas and definitions. For example, in the Chapter Functions, Graphs, and Limits from Calculus AB there are three Sub-Chapters, Functions, Limits, and Continuity. Functions contains 15 Topics, Limits has 8 Topics, and Continuity includes 7 Topics. The 15 Topic pages in Functions are: Definition of a Function, Graph of a Function, Vertical Line Test, Even Functions, Odd Functions, One-to-One Functions, Horizontal Line Test, Piecewise Defined Functions, Trigonometric Functions, Trigonometric Identities, Trigonometric Formulas, Exponential Functions, Logarithmic Functions, and Logarithmic Identities.
* Functions, Graphs, and Limits – Functions, Limits, Continuity
* Derivatives – Definition of Derivatives, Derivatives, Second Derivatives
* Applications of Derivatives – Maximum and Minimum Values, Motion, Related Rates, Antiderivatives
* Integrals – Area Under a Curve, Definite Integrals, Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
* Applications of Integrals – Measuring Area Between Curves, Measuring Volumes, Arc Length of Curves
* Differential Equations – Basic Differential Equations, Exponential Growth and Decay
* Functions, Graphs, and Limits II – Functions, Limits, Continuity
* Derivatives II – Definition of Derivatives, Derivatives, Second Derivatives
* Applications of Derivatives II – Maximum and Minimum Values, Motion, Related Rates, L’Hospital’s Rule, Antiderivatives
* Integrals II – Area Under a Curve, Definite Integrals, Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
* Applications of Integrals II – Measuring Area Between Curves, Measuring Volumes, Volumes by Cylindrical Shells, Arc Length of Curves, Improper Integrals, Work
* Differential Equations II – Basic Differential Equations, Slope Fields and Euler’s Method, Solving Separable Differential Equations, Exponential Growth and Decay, The Logistic Model
* Polar Curves – Parametric Equations and Polar Coordinates, Calculus with Parametric Curves, Polar Coordinates: Slopes, Areas, and Lengths
* Infinite Sequences and Series – Arithmetic and Geometric Sequences, Geometric, Harmonic, and Alternating Series, Test for Convergence, Absolute Convergence and the Ratio Test, Power Series, Representations of Functions as Power Series, Taylor and Maclaurin Series, Lagrange Error Bounds
“AP Calculus 1.0 is the ideal study aid for anyone studying AP Calculus,” stated Greg Larson of CheongShim. “Similar to Flash Cards, each Topic contains fundamental knowledge that the student can easily memorize and learn.”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod touch (3rd/4th generation), and iPad 1/2/3
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 16.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AP Calculus 1.0 is now on sale for $2.99 (USD) (25% off the normal price of $3.99) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available on request.
Located in Seoul, South Korea, CheongShim International Education Research Institute is a think tank for CheongShims education, which is in charge of systematically establishing ACG (Altruistic Mind – Creative Knowledge – Global Leadership) educational theories and developing relevant curricula and textbooks for CheongShim International Academy. The institute, headed by SangJin Yim, is studying the ACG model based on on-site application and feedback, thereby offering increasing quantities of high-quality educational content with the participation of researchers, teachers, and students. Copyright (C) 2012 CheongShim International Education Research Institute. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.