Discovery Communications, the world’s number one nonfiction media company, announced today its Discovery Channel App for iPad is now available on the App Store. The interactive app complements Discovery Channel’s award-winning programs and offers fully integrated social TV check-in.
The Discovery Channel App for iPad brings fans greater access to their favorite programs and real-life characters with a collection of video clips from the network’s new hit series including GOLD RUSH: ALASKA, SONS OF GUNS, AUCTION KINGS and FLYING WILD ALASKA, as well as longtime fan-favorite signature series such as AMERICAN CHOPPER, DEADLIEST CATCH, MAN VS. WILD, MYTHBUSTERS and others. Fans can check in via the “I’m Watching” button to let their friends on Facebook and Twitter know what they are watching, all while getting the latest social media updates from Discovery and participating in conversations with fellow fans.
“Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity and this app demonstrates our ongoing commitment to bring fans more opportunities to engage with their favorite shows and characters in the rapidly evolving mobile environment,” said Kelly Day, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Digital Media and Commerce, Discovery Communications. “This app will serve as the hub for all of Discovery Channel’s fantastic iPad content, offering our unique mix of real-life characters and compelling storylines. It is a perfect complement for TV fans who want to dive deeper with their favorite shows when they are on the go and to interact in real-time with other viewers while watching in primetime.”
The Discovery Channel App, created in conjunction with developer Bottle Rocket Apps, features the following:
- A full, location-based TV schedule and the ability to set up a tune-in reminder.
- Clips and photos from Discovery’s award-winning programming and insider information about the casts.
- Facebook and Twitter accessibility, allowing fans to chat and keep up with Discovery Channel stars.
- “I’m Watching” button for viewers to share what they are watching with friends, family and followers.
- Discovery News articles and videos featuring current events and the science behind the headlines from the journalists and experts from DiscoveryNews.com.
The Discovery Channel App for iPad is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at itunes.com/appstore.