eBay, a global leader in m-commerce, announced today the availability of its first application for iPad in conjunction with the U.S. debut of the device.
The eBay for iPad app delivers a dramatically different, visually compelling shopping experience to browse the vast selection of products available on eBay , the world’s largest online marketplace. eBay for iPad builds on the momentum of eBay’s expanding portfolio of new iPhone apps, including its new Selling and Classifieds apps launched earlier this week.
More than 8 million consumers are using eBay’s shopping app for iPhone. eBay expects to generate $1.5 billion in merchandise volume through mobile commerce in 2010.
Debuting in the top 10 most downloaded free iPad apps in the iTunes Store, eBay for iPad pushes the boundaries of mobile shopping and features an elegant, graphical interface in which users can:
- View and search through items in a rich, visually compelling gallery display
- Scroll through a vast selection of items seamlessly using their fingertips
- Easily filter search results by price, category and more using intuitive finger controls
- Quickly pinpoint items in a desired range with a Pricing Histogram
- View item details without navigating away from search results
“eBay for iPad defines a new way to shop, with visually rich displays and eBay’s vast selection at your fingertips,” said Lorrie Norrington, president of eBay Marketplaces.
eBay Mobile Applications – Buy and Sell Virtually Anywhere, Anytime
As a global leader in m-commerce, eBay recognizes that sellers and buyers are increasingly turning to mobile devices for their shopping needs. eBay’s mobile applications are available in more than 190 countries and eight languages and generate a mobile purchase every 2 seconds.